[plt-scheme] literal strings in lib

From: Dave Griffiths (dave at pawfal.org)
Date: Thu Aug 2 07:39:47 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I think I'm doing something wrong. I'm currently version controlling my
modules (for fluxus) by putting a version into the collection directory

This means I can install multiple versions side by side and call them from
scripts like this:

(require (lib "mymodule.ss" "fluxus-0.13"))

Now, this is great, until I want to encode the version number. I had
presumed I could do something like this:

(require (lib "mymodule.ss" (string-append "fluxus-" fluxus-version)))

Where fluxus-version would be "0.13", but apon reading the docs, lib
requires literal strings... I'm just wondering what the proper way of
doing this is.

(require (lib "0.13/mymodule.ss" "fluxus"))
be a better option?

Also, fwiw, fluxus integration with drscheme is getting a lot better:

Posted on the users mailing list.