[plt-scheme] ports, make-srcloc and recursive reads

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 23 21:51:35 EDT 2007

At Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:28:39 -0400 (EDT), Dimitris Vyzovitis wrote:
> make-srcloc expects non-negative exact integers (or #f) for line, col,
> pos, and span. However, (string) ports *can* return such things as 0,
> causing the reader to fail in a wrong way.
>
> Example:
> > (read/recursive (open-input-string ";") #\. #f)
> make-srcloc: expected argument of type <exact positive integer or #f>; given 0

I've fixed this bug in SVN. The general problem I fixed is with read
errors where the source includes the extra character passed into
`read/recursive' (where the character doesn't live in any port).

Is there some other way that this shows up, though?

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.