[plt-scheme] Re: ANN: SDOM project development release 0.4.2

From: Julian Graham (joolean at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 10:35:32 EDT 2007

Hi Andrew,
  Well, I've never used sxml-match, but, based on a cursory
examination of the documentation: SDOM, being a DOM implementation, is
useful for doing high-level manipulation of XML documents, and the
events subsystem in particular is useful for responding to events that
occur as the document is manipulated -- as it is initially parsed or
during subsequent modification.  If you don't require this level of
interactive response in your project, then, yes, SDOM might be
overkill / the wrong paradigm.  I wrote it, though, because I needed
an XML system that behaved, well, like a DOM implementation --
including maintaining order of event cascades and error handlers, etc.
  Hope this helps.

Julian