[plt-scheme] let vs parameterize?

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Mon Apr 16 20:00:53 EDT 2007

On Apr 16, 2007, at 16:58, Robby Findler wrote:
> I suggest that [YSC] read these two papers to get an idea of the
> pragmatics of custodians:
> http://www.ccs.neu.edu/scheme/pubs/icfp99-ffkf.pdf
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/publications/pldi04-ff.pdf

Great papers--they explain so much.  I was looking at the first, and
on page 5 saw this:

(parameterize ((current-custodian cust))
   (parameterize ((current-eventspace (make-eventspace)))
     (queue-callback graphical-tick-loop)))

and wondered why it wasn't in a different [imagined] style, say, like
this:

(parameterize* ((current-custodian cust)
                 (current-eventspace (make-eventspace)))
   (queue-callback graphical-tick-loop))

I looked and saw there's a parameterize* in sandbox.ss.