[plt-scheme] MrEd: capture-mouse method

From: Cyprien Nicolas (c.nicolas at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 09:25:02 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'am looking for a mean to capture and release mouse within a canvas%
object.
After looking at the doc, I saw that the mouse is captured when a button is
pressed, but I cant find a way to capture it manualy.

The HISTORY file says :

Version 45: November 12, 1996

wx:window% capture-mode, release-mouse, and make-modal no longer supported
Modal dialogs can be used instead of make-modal (modal is
specified through the constructor). There is currently no
replacement for capture-mouse and release-mouse, but a replacement is
likely to be in 46.

And it seems that no replacement had be done since...
(By the way, I think that should be capture-mouse instead of capture-mode in
HISTORY)

So, here comes my question :
Is there a way to simulate a 'left-down mouse-event in order to capture the
mouse while the
window is focused, or another way to do it, until the replacement for
capture-mouse and release-mouse from Versions before 45 is made ?

Thanks in advance

--
Cyprien Nicolas
c.nicolas at gmail.com