[plt-scheme] how to find column names through sqli?

From: Yin-So Chen (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 15:33:35 EDT 2007

Hi Hans,

thanks for the info.  If you are wondering about feasibility, I have seen
API in other languages (e.g. perl DBI, or ADO.NET) providing column names
for major databases, so I would imagine that it is feasible (when there are
man power to put behind it of course ;P).

http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI/DBI.pm#fetchrow_hashref - Perl DBI fetching
a row as a hash containing name/value pairs

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.idatarecord.getname.aspx-
ADO.NET retrieving the name of the field for the recordset from ordinal
positions.

Thanks,
yinso

On 4/10/07, Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema <hdnews at gawab.com> wrote:

>  No(t Yet),
>
> I've kept the interface as simple as possible. I don't know if I can
> require from all drivers that they return the column names.
>
> --Hans
>
> Yin-So Chen schreef:
>
> Hi all -
>
> can one retrieve the column names through sqlid interface?  It seems that
> the returned results only have the data... at first glance through doc or
> sqli.scm I cannot find a function that returns column names.  This is
> useful when one specify a column alias or using * to dynamically receive a
> list of names back from sql.
>
> Thanks,
> yinso
>
> --