[plt-scheme] Standard project tools/libraries?

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Mon Apr 2 18:23:40 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

Disclaimer: I haven't done any research into this myself other than to
look into SLIB. With that mentioned a question...

If I were to get started on a brand new Java project I would assemble
a sort of standard tool chest of libraries and tools.

For example I would figure out what persistence framework we would use
and what we would do for logging and unit-testing. Maybe we could
choose a few additional tools to like graphviz or Ruby to help with
some other aspects of the project.

If one were to start a new big project in Scheme, how would one
assemble his tool chest?

BTW: If you could recommend a "big" open/free source, system written
in Scheme one could review that would be great. For example, in
Haskell the first project one would probably examine is darcs.

Best wishes,

Grant

Posted on the users mailing list.