[plt-scheme] How to move serialized data from one machine to another?

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Sat Sep 23 16:17:00 EDT 2006

Is it possible to move serializeable data from one machine to another?

I am trying to move a 10Mb file from a Windows box to a Linux box, and
the paths to the source files are of course different.

The serialization happens here:

   ; An INDEX is a
   (define-serializable-struct index (path documents lexicon positions)

   (define (save-index path i . options)
     (apply with-output-to-file path
            (λ () (write (serialize i)))

   (define (load-index path)
     (with-input-from-file path
       (λ () (deserialize (read)))))

At the Unix machine I get this error:

default-load-handler: cannot open input file:
(No such file or directory; errno=2)

Opening the serialized file I can see that the following path occurs
multiple times:

On the Linux machine the proper path is

I tried hand editing the file, but it didn't work (but maybe I made a
mistake during editing).

Note: This is on version 301. (For some reason my indexer crashes on
v352, but I can't figure out exactly what causes the crash).

Jens Axel Søgaard

Posted on the users mailing list.