[plt-scheme] HTDP 16.3.4

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 22 18:15:08 EDT 2006

On Sep 22, 2006, at 5:28 PM, wooks . wrote:

> I am looking at the last part of the section marked Challenge which
> requires a function
>
> ;;func-producing-list-of-lists: symbol directory-structure ->
> [[symbol]]
> ;;produces a list of all the paths to files of the specified name
> in the directory structure.

Where is the definition of [[symbol]]? Where is the definition of
"directory-structure"?

Let's use the recipe. Presumably you have a template, one line in one
function and three in the other keeping in mind that the function(s)
really must return a list of paths. So

-- cases without cross or self-references: return a list, distinguish
success from failure. done

-- cases with self- or cross-references: each recursive/cross call
produces a list of paths to the "successes".  The answer is a
combination of those partial results, plus the knowledge that these
paths aren't complete. Since you figured out how to do one path, I
bet that this part is a minor little step. It really is just a help
function plus a line.

-- Matthias