[plt-scheme] the "[" as a parenthis charactor

From: Corey Sweeney (corey.sweeney at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 22 15:43:37 EDT 2006

Hey, that's a cool idea. I'll start using it.  I guess this means my coding
conventions are off "standard".

I often use "[" to indicate a application of a calulated function.  here's a
dumb example:

(+ 3
  [(lambda (x) (+ 2 x)) 5])

is there a differnt convention for this?  If not i'll just use control-[

A note, something other then control-[ might be desirable as control-[ is
"escape".  If the rest of the world decides to follow along, this can cause
problems with editing from a terminal emulators/ssh, and especially emacs as
most of it's commands start with escape.  Alt-[ seems to be already bound
for something.

Corey

On 9/22/06, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> The "[" is rebound to be "smart". Try typing this:
>
>   [let [[x 5]] x]
>   [cond [[= 1 2] 3] [else 5]]
>
> with the keystrokes implied above and see what actually comes out.
>
> You can disable it in the preferences, or if you just want a single [,
> you can type control-[
>
> Robby
>
> At Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:16:23 -0500, "Corey Sweeney" wrote:
> > I upgraded to drscheme 352, and ever since whenever i hit the "[" as a
> open
> > parenthisis, I get "(".  Is this a intentional change to the system
> > (probably implying that the "[" char is about to start being used for
> > something other then parens).
> >
> > I also had to upgrade X11 to version 7.0 during my drscheme upgrade, so
> it's
> > possible that something is screwed up with my keymaps.  (but it only
> happens
> > in drscheme)
> >
> > Corey
> >

> > --