[plt-scheme] Re: Simply Scheme Add-on Language (fwd)

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 17 16:33:30 EDT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 13:32:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: Danny Yoo <dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu>
To: Adam Wittenstein <WITTENSTEIN at adelphi.edu>
Subject: Re: Simply Scheme Add-on Language

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Adam Wittenstein wrote:

> Mr. Yoo,
>
> I am teaching a course using the Simply Scheme book and I am using your
> Simply Scheme Add-on language which is great.
>
> The only thing is that the Stepper utility is replaced by Debug, which is
> less visual for my students.
>
> I was wondering what languages the teachpack version, simply-teachpack.scm,
> is compatible with (i.e. Beginner Student, Graphical Mr Ed Scheme, etc.)
>
> I was also wondering if any thought is/was given to making the Simply Scheme
> add-on language compatible with the Stepper, and if so, what is involved.
>
> Thank you in advance for your reply, Prof. Adam Wittenstein

Dear Professor Wittenstein,

Thank you for the compliments!

I'm CCing the plt-scheme mailing list as well, because I'm not too familiar
with what's involved in getting the Stepper to work with the Simply Scheme
language level.  I'll try to take a look at this when I have free time, but I
can't make any promises on this.

I see that Neil Van Dyke asked a similar question in 2003:

    http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2003-January/001653.html

so I should talk with him to see if he got some useful feedback.

Best of wishes to you!

Posted on the users mailing list.