[plt-scheme] Drawing Images in Dr Scheme

From: Felix Klock's PLT scheme proxy (pltscheme at pnkfx.org)
Date: Sat Oct 28 16:08:40 EDT 2006

Joshua-

On Oct 28, 2006, at 3:48 PM, Joshua Ewulo wrote:

> I am currently going thru Structure and Interpretation of Computer
> Programs in my spare time and I need help with the section called
> Picture Language.
>
> I can't get any of the programs in the section to work, can anyone
> help.

There is a planet package that claims to provide support for the
Henderson picture language.

http://planet.plt-scheme.org/#sicp.plt

Unfortunately, it seems to be broken.  At least, it did not work "out
of the box" for DrScheme versions v209, v300, or v352.

According to the error messages, the package is referencing an
identifier, resolve-planet-path, which does not seem to be provided
by the modules it imports.

I was able to at least get things working by getting rid of the
offending expression, which is at the definition of the einstein
variable.  But even then its behavior was not consistent with its
documentation; e.g. my attempt to use paint-hires yielded an unbound
identifier error.

Still, it might be enough to get you going.  I would recommend that
you send a bug report to the maintainer for the package, if you want
to try to make it work for you.

-Felix

Posted on the users mailing list.