[plt-scheme] Create executable and foreign.ss problem

From: John Gillespie (jhgillespie at ucdavis.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 21 10:35:10 EDT 2006

I am trying to create a stand-alone app that uses the foreign-
function interface, which I load using

(require (lib "foreign.ss"))

The app works perfectly when run from DrScheme, but the app created
with the 'Create Executable...' dialog under DrScheme fails with the
message:

require: unknown module: #%foreign

I poked around and discovered that #%foreign is a built-in module
under mzscheme and that it is referenced in foreign.ss.  However, I'm
clueless why #%foreign isn't available in the executable or how to
make it available.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

(All this is happening in version 352 under Mac OS X 10.4.8)

Posted on the users mailing list.