[plt-scheme] Windows and file I/O

From: Chris Gehlker (canyonrat at mac.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 09:34:13 EDT 2006

I hope really newby questions  are  tolerated here.

I'm trying to learn Scheme from the "Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum
Days" and I'm at the part about file I/O. I mostly use the  Mac and
everything seems to work there because Scheme accepts unix path
names. But when I  tried to move a toy application to Windows and use
forms like:

(open-output-file "C:\Documents and Settings\Chris Gehlker\My
Documents\greeting.txt")

I get an "unknown escape sequence \D in string" error. How do I
specify paths in Windows without Scheme interpreting the backslashes
as escapes?

TIA
--
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.
-Frank William Leahy, football coach (1908-1973)