[plt-scheme] New DrScheme extension available

From: pedro pinto (pedro.e.pinto at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 20:27:16 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I built a simple DrScheme extension to make moving around from file to
file faster when you have many open files (many thanks to Robby Findler
for all his guidance).  You can check out how the extension looks like here:

http://www.rivendell.ws/buffer-selector/buffer-selector.png

You can install it by downloading:

http://www.rivendell.ws/buffer-selector/buffer-selector.scm.txt

and then loading the file into DrScheme through Edit->Keybindings->Add
User Defined Key Bindings. Hit Ctrl 0 to pop-up the dialog.

This only works with the current SVS version and on Windows only after
patching pathname-equal? in /collects/drscheme/private/unit.ss  to:

  (define/private (pathname-equal? p1 p2)
    (with-handlers ([exn:fail:filesystem? (? (x) #f)])
       (string=? (path->string (normal-case-path (normalize-path p1)))
                 (path->string (normal-case-path (normalize-path p2))))))

I think no changes are required on Unix and MacOS but I have no easy
way to test.

Comments, questions, very welcome. If there is any interest I might
upload this to planet.

-pp