[plt-scheme] Problem fetching a URL

From: Doug Orleans (dougorleans at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 17:03:45 EDT 2006

Sam TH writes:
 > On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 16:18 -0400, Doug Orleans wrote:
 > > Robby Findler writes:
 > >  > Do you (or does anyone else) have a reference to an rfc or similar that
 > >  > actually says what the syntax for queries is supposed to be?
 > >  > rfc3986.txt (the latest url syntax rfc I know of) doesn't seem to say.
 > >
 > > The HTML 4.01 spec defines the MIME type application/x-www-form-urlencoded:
 > >
 > > http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#form-content-type
 >
 > This specified the separator as &:
 >
 > "The control names/values are listed in the order they appear in the
 > document. The name is separated from the value by `=' and name/value
 > pairs are separated from each other by `&'."

Yes, but right before that part it says "Please also consult the
section on escaping ampersands in URI attribute values." which links
to the appendix that I mentioned in my previous post.

I should say that I don't have a particular preference for the default
value of current-alist-separator, I was just giving some citations
that Robby asked for.

--dougorleans at gmail.com

Posted on the users mailing list.