[plt-scheme] Resource management in the web server

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 11:53:43 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm dealing with a resource (port) leak in a servlet I'm writing.  Can I hook into the web server in some way to ensure resources are freed on continuation expiry?  The obvious thing to do is setup a custodian that the web server kills.  So, is the current custoidian in scope of a servlet the custodian that the web server uses to clean up resources on continuation expiry?  If not, is there another way I should use?

Thanks,
Noel

Email: noelwelsh  yahoo  com   noel  untyped  com
AIM: noelhwelsh
Blogs: http://monospaced.blogspot.com/  http://www.untyped.com/untyping/

Posted on the users mailing list.