[plt-scheme] Problem fetching a URL

From: Ian Oversby (oversby at hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 10:08:11 EDT 2006

>>(require (lib "url.ss" "net"))
>>  (string->url
>>Pasting the URL into my browser works correctly and also simpler URLs such
>>as http://www.google.com/ do not give the same problem.
>>This is happening on version 3.52 of mzscheme running on Windows.
>It took me a while to realize the "Missing Format Variable" wasn't
>a Scheme error message - it is generated by the Yahoo server...

I wouldn't have suspected this - thanks for the pointer.  I had a look
at what the URL is being converted to.

i.e. it is converting ampersands to semi-colons rather than %26 which
seems like incorrect behaviour.  Is this a bug in the url library?  I'll
pre-convert the urls before passing them to string->url, cheers.

>The problem is that get-pure-port does not post the above
>information after the ? to the server. Therefore the Yahoo
>server responds with a text file containing the text
>"Missing Format Variable" (try to remove the f=s... from the
>url, then you get the same message).
>Anyways, use this instead:
>   (post-pure-port url #"s=@%5EFTMC&f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&e=.csv" '()))
>Jens Axel Søgaard