[plt-scheme] scheme lists representing XML

From: Matt Jadud (mcj4 at kent.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Oct 1 12:07:39 EDT 2006

On this thread, SXML used to have a problem with multithreading. Does it
still? Or, do I still need to go into the library and modify the source
to get a "thread-safe" SXML implementation?

Or, perhaps the better question: if SXML is still the thread-unsafe
library that I remember, is there a better way for making it thread safe
than tweaking one function somewhere deep down in the library? (I'm
digging up memories from a few years back here...)

Cheers,
Matt

Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:

> If you want to do serious XML hacking, please use SXML -- xml.ss will
> not scale up to your needs.  But if, for instance, you are only interested
> in generating some HTML, not in serious XML data processing, then you
> will probably find xml.ss quite sufficient for your needs and quite easy to
> start with and use.
>
> HTH.
>
> Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.