[plt-scheme] Re: drag and drop in X

From: Johan Holmquist (holmisen at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 12:27:49 EST 2006

> MrEd in SVN now includes XDND support. I'm not certain that it's right
> for all contexts, so let me know whether it works for you.

Well, some progress it is for sure. The mouse pointer changes to
reflect whether the widget accepts drop-files or not. But "on-drop" is
never called when the mouse button is released.

I inserted a little printf in wxxt/src/Windows/Window.cc right after the line:
   data = wxTheClipboard->GetClipboardData( ... )
(I think it's about lineno 1470 +-5)
Now, data is always null when I try to drag and drop a file into my
little scheme program.

I have tested drag-and-drop from Konqueror which to my knowledge
should be XDND compliant. (I also tried dragging an image from Firefox
with the same null data result.)

Posted on the users mailing list.