[plt-scheme] How far has anyone gotten toward writing a SOAP connector?

From: Doug Orleans (dougorleans at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 5 19:01:20 EST 2006

Noel Welsh writes:
 > All good reasons.  I haven't had to use SOAP but I
 > understand it is related to (the much simpler) XML-RPC.
 > We've written an XML-RPC client and server that is
 > available from PLaneT and might provide a good starting
 > point for developing a SOAP connector.

They serve some of the same purposes (remote messaging) and have some
similar architectural decisions (XML over HTTP) but there's pretty
much nothing that's shared between them.  I've written code for both
and I don't think there's any common code that could be abstracted
out, other than generic XML support like DOM and Schemas.

--dougorleans at gmail.com

Posted on the users mailing list.