[plt-scheme] xxx chooses MzScheme as preferred language

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Wed May 31 18:43:39 EDT 2006

Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> I am surprised to see that Cobol, RPG, fake Java, and friends don't show
> up. Is this a systematic language/implementation survey or is it biased
> by C/C++ fans who are duking it out with people who want to put their
> languages on a web site. -- Matthias

I believe they simply use the fastest user contributed program for each
language. That means languages such as MLton where the language
implementors themselves wrote the benchmark programs have a natural
advantage (and due to the amount of C experts the C benchmarks are also
well written).

The MzScheme benchmarks could without doubt be improved by using

Jens Axel Søgaard

Posted on the users mailing list.