[plt-scheme] PLT Redex w/ 301.13

From: Richard Cobbe (cobbe at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed May 31 15:02:35 EDT 2006

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 11:39:23AM -0700, Paul A. Steckler wrote:
> I'm running DrScheme version 301.13-svn9may2006 on Linux, because
> the latest legit release crashes on startup.
>
> When I put
>
>   (require (planet "[file]" ("robby" "redex.plt" 2 2)))
>
> in my program, I get the message:
>
>   open-input-file: cannot open input file:
>    "/home/steck/.plt-scheme/planet/300/301.13/cache/robby/redex.plt/2/2/[file]"
>    (No such file or directory; errno=2)
>
> What do I need to do to get the PLaneT package to load?

Pardon what may be a really stupid question, but are you really typing
    [ f i l e ]
between the open quotes right after "(planet", or is that a placeholder
that you introduced just for this email message?

If you're literally typing that, then no, that won't work.  The [file]
business is just a placeholder that appears there on the web page if the
package author didn't provide a value for the primary-file setting in
the package's info.ss file.

To install the package, you have a couple of options.  If there's a link
to the documentation on the planet web page, read that to get the name
of the actual .ss files in the package.  Otherwise, you'll probably have
to use the planet command-line tool to install the thing.

(Perhaps we should find a better way to handle the situation of missing
primary-file settings....)

Richard

Posted on the users mailing list.