[plt-scheme] (getenv ...)/standalone executables?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue May 30 16:15:50 EDT 2006

At Tue, 30 May 2006 20:33:18 +0100, Matt Jadud wrote:
> MzScheme SVN:HEAD (just checked out), we can do the following:
>
> mzc --exe footest footest.ss
> ./footest
>
> and get the full path back from the environment. However, if we instead
> do something like
>
> export PATH=".:$PATH" ; footest
>
> we only get the first element from the path back. In this case, we only
> get ".", because it is now the first directory in the path.

This is now fixed in SVN.

FWIW, the difference is not setting PATH, but whether there's a "./"
prefix for running "footest".

> While I'm at it, when copying an executable from one Linux machine to
> another, the executable reports:
>
> mcj4 at pianosa:/tmp$ ./footest
> ./footest: failed to start /home/<username>/plt/bin/mzscheme
>
> where the executable was built on one machine, and run on another. I
> know things have changed, but this seems problematic.

Either use --orig-exe, or package the binary with --dir-exe. See the
current "mzc" manual for more information.

Thanks for the report,
Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.