[plt-scheme] xxx chooses MzScheme as preferred language

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 30 12:13:36 EDT 2006

On 30/05/06, Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- "Paulo J. Matos" <pocmatos at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It would be nice to have a xxx linux distribution like
> > Linspire which instead of MzScheme chose Haskell.
>
> I agree, it would be nice.   However, if my goal was to
> achieve greater adoption of (PLT) Scheme I would focus my
> efforts in a different area.  I believe that a web
> framework, for example, would have far greater impact.

Definitely agree. Unfortunately that and a nice GTK2 bindings would be
great. I'm not having much free time but whenever I get some I'll try
to help Hans with his GTK2 bindings.

My initial post was more like 'what if...' and not so 'I'm willing to
make, do you think if...'.

> N.

> AIM: noelhwelsh
> Blogs: http://monospaced.blogspot.com/  http://www.untyped.com/untyping/

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm
Computer and Software Engineering
INESC-ID - SAT Group