[plt-scheme] xxx chooses MzScheme as preferred language

From: Vladimir Zlatanov (vlado at dikini.net)
Date: Tue May 30 11:12:50 EDT 2006

> I agree, it would be nice.   However, if my goal was to
> achieve greater adoption of (PLT) Scheme I would focus my
> efforts in a different area.  I believe that a web
> framework, for example, would have far greater impact.
so true....

for achieving a very high adoption, the various web hosting companies
would need to support it though. This is probably the most important
reason why php is so widespread, and this and its good documention and
the good learning curve.

Standardising on a single language has its merits for a small linux
distro, like linspire, but is limited. You have to rewrite everything,
which is odd. I can't see that working with a diverse thing as debian.
In my opinion, speed is not a show stopping requirement for scripting
scenarios. Being able to produce dirty code quickly is.

Cheers,
Vlado

Posted on the users mailing list.