[plt-scheme] How to get the source of procedure?

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Tue May 16 11:29:45 EDT 2006

Jaime Vargas wrote:
> Thanks all for the replies.  I am interested on source code  inspection
> from the point of view of understanding how a particular  procedure was
> implemented. I understand than on relying on the  implementation of
> procedure may breaks the contract. However, I think  that inspecting is
> good for learning.

If you are looking for the source of a library function DrScheme
is your friend. Consider:

   (module foo mzscheme
     (require (lib "md5.scm"))
     (define bar (md5 1 2)))

To find the source of md5 hit "Check Syntax", then
right click at md5 and choose "Jump to definition".

If you prefer a web-interface to the source see
    <http://ja.soegaard.net/planet/html/>

Of particular interest is the collection "mzlib".

--
Jens Axel Søgaard