[plt-scheme] On PLaneT packages and compatible upgrades

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed May 10 07:58:01 EDT 2006

To be honest, provide-version looks horribly wrong.

I would very much prefer a tool -- "Compatible Extension" -- that
consumes two modules and either says "yes" or lists the things that one
module exports and the other doesn't. In addition, it should come with
an option "Generate Adapter," which produces a module m- with the same
interface as m.v0 but with values from m.v1. (This should be N+2 lines:
module, import plus one export per m.v0 interface.)

(1) I believe this tool is at the order of John's "simple checker" or
whatever it's called.

(2) It is equally syntactic but it's a first cut.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.