[plt-scheme] On PLaneT packages and compatible upgrades

From: Carl Eastlund (carl.eastlund at gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 9 18:40:10 EDT 2006

On 5/9/06, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> Another possibility: we could force each import to have its own
> (unique) prefix when imported into a module. In addition to avoiding
> this problem, it seems like it could even help make people's programs
> more readable, since imports would be identified at a glance.

I just want to clarify, to make sure I understood this suggestion.
This would essentially force the (prefix ...) require-spec for all
imports, or at least for all (planet ...) imports, AND require that no
other identifiers bound at the top level of the importing module
(including both internal defines and other imports, even non-planet
imports) could have that prefix.  And restricting the prefix on
non-planet imports would probably require us to put prefixes on them
as well.  Is that correct?

--
Carl Eastlund
"Cynical, but technically correct."