[plt-scheme] C++ Bindings using FFI

From: Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema (hdnews at gawab.com)
Date: Sat May 6 05:32:24 EDT 2006

SWIG can do C++ indeed. In my opinion a combination of SWIG
and the FFI should be made. I'd use the strengths of both; using
SWIG to generate FFI code from C(++) header files.

A combination of a CASE tool like SWIG and a good foreign
interface in PLT scheme could releave programmers of of a great
deal of the the burden hand coding scheme bindings.

Best wishes,

Hans

Eli Barzilay schreef:
> On May  6, Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema wrote:
>
>> Maybe a combination of SWIG and the FFI can be used.
>>

> I don't know if SWIG can handle C++, but in any case, mixing SWIG and
> the Scheme foreign interface is not a good idea since both do the same
> thing.  To interface with C++ in an easy way through the Scheme
> interface, it may be possible to write a C interface layer, and use
> that from Scheme -- but it might be limited in the same way that C is
> limited in talking to C++.

Posted on the users mailing list.