[plt-scheme] 301.13 pre-installers

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed May 3 16:44:28 EDT 2006

At Tue, 02 May 2006 15:10:53 -0600, Chongkai Zhu wrote:
> Yes, DrScheme 301.13-svn29apr2006 now works. But for my embedding mzscheme
> program
> (which compiles fine), when runing, Windows says "can't fine file
> libmzsch301_013.dll, so the program can't run. Re-install may resolve",
> while the file is under "C:\Program Files\PLT-FULL-301.13\lib\".

You can add the "lib" directory to your PATH (so that the OS searches
for DLLs there), move them to the system folder, move then to your
application's folder, move them to someplace already in your PATH, or
change the embedding program to explicitly load the DLL from a
particular path.

The last option is what MzScheme does, now. It requires linking
"mzscheme.exe" with a /DELAYLOAD specification for "libmzsch.dll" and
"libmzgc.dll".

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.