[plt-scheme] HTUS

From: Nicholas Chubrich (chubrich at cs.brandeis.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 24 18:12:45 EST 2006

I am looking at the cookbooks website also.  It would be good to have a
\framework, as I said---something that presents things that should be
covered, to which stuff can accrue over time.  Sort of like a film of
vultures eating a buffalo run in reverse.  (Yuck.)
	As for self-respecting academics, nobody said any self respecting
academic had to take credit for it!  Of course all self-respecting
academics take credit for things, but in this case we might have an actual
case of two wrongs making a right.
	I would be happy to work on something of this nature once I am
further along, but that may not be for some time.
	Meanwhile, I hope the clone they are working on for you in South
Korea is not fraudulent.  If one is going to have a clone, it had better
be genuine.  With that in hand maybe we will get a critical mass---as the
North Koreans like to say.

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2006, at 3:46 PM, Nicholas Chubrich wrote:
>
> >  Then, just outline how they are
> > implemented in PLT, and under each heading paste relevant selections
> > from
> > the help desk, along with links to the full context.  That's it---don't
> > worry about making it read smoothly.
>
> This would be so contrary to well-trained and self-respecting academics
> -- and it is the reason we're behind Python and friends :-) But see
> http://www.schemecookbook.org/ for an alternative. -- Matthias
>
> P.S. Most of the latest version of HtUS is on my web site not at
> htus.org but it's also N years old. I have heard they are working on a
> clone for me in South Korea :-)

Posted on the users mailing list.