[plt-scheme] Structure and Interp of Mechanics

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 23 10:40:18 EST 2006

On Mar 23, 2006, at 8:37 AM, Paul C. Fisher wrote:

> In delving into a) is MIT/Scheme available for OS X?; or b) can the
> scmutils required to really make use of the SICM text be made to work
> under PLT?; I stumbled across a reference that Matthew Flatt tried this
> several years ago and gave up (which pretty much assures my personal
> chances for success are an imaginary number). Has anyone ever succeeded
> getting scmutils to run within PLT? (I suspect I know the answer ...
> but I
> figured I'd take my optimism out for a walk around the block)

Rachel Fraenkel started porting SICM to PLT Scheme under Sussman and
then started working here as a PhD student. The work petered out and,
to be frank, I don't know what it's actual status is. She left last
summer for a Google internship and never came back, but she does have
a large piece of mostly working code lying around somewhere. If you
can find her, she may be willing to share. -- Matthias