[plt-scheme] printing DrScheme programs

From: Geoffrey Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Sun Mar 5 08:18:18 EST 2006

On Mar 4, 2006, at 21:06, Robby Findler wrote:
> On the mac, you can print and save as a .pdf file -- maybe that can
> be integrated with word?

I can print to PDF, but can't import the PDF into Word.  What I have
to deliver can be Word or PDF, but it should be one document, not
several.

I looked for pdf2rtf / pdf2word, but couldn't find such an animal for
GNU/Linux, OS X, Unix.  There are tons of PC-based shareware and
commercial apps.

I found a Mac OS X app called Trapeze that converts PDF to RTF, but
it lost all the nice PLT colors.

I found a Mac OS X app PDF2Office which looked promising but the
installer hung... Force Quit.

If I open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat and copy/paste into Word, I keep
the colors but lose the formatting.  So that's what I'm doing for
now, putting the spaces in by hand.

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk

On Mar 4, 2006, at 8:03 PM, Geoffrey Knauth wrote:
> This is a little silly, but I wrote a program to operate on graphs,
> and I want to include the source in a Word document I have to give
> someone.  DrScheme shows the source and output very nicely
> colorized, and when I print to PDF (on a Mac), the colors are
> preserved.  However, I need to get everything into a single Word
> doc.  Has anyone done that and kept the colors?  If not I guess I
> can use URLs pointing to the nice PLT-colored output.

Posted on the users mailing list.