[plt-scheme] Re: CSS example

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 3 11:43:46 EST 2006

--- geb a <geb_a at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Would someone show me a simple example of representing
> CSS in scheme and how to apply it to a web page or
> point me to some documentation on this topic?

http://celtic.benderweb.net/webit/manual/node_9.html#container_293

To be honest I don't find this useful in most cases.  Often
there is only a single stylesheet, and it is easier to hack
it up in the text editor of your choice than to do so in
Scheme and add an extra compilation step to the development
process.  However, when working with a large stylesheet the
extra abstraction facilities provided by WebIt are
invaluable.  Just being able to name a color, for example,
can be very useful.

N.

AIM: noelhwelsh
Blogs: http://monospaced.blogspot.com/  http://www.untyped.com/untyping/