[plt-scheme] `make install' and DESTDIR

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Jun 29 20:16:55 EDT 2006

On Jun 25, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> [...]

Two thing I forgot to add:

* Thanks to Guillaume for the initial DESTDIR patch.

* Some packagers like to have some /usr/local/plt/site-collects or
  some equivalent directory added to the collection search path.
  Using the new configuration, it is now easy to do this for the
  collection searches *and* for documentation directories etc.

  To do this, you need to write the information into the right place
  (collection directories embedded in the binaries, others in
  config/config.ss).  The tricky bit is that you want to recompile
  config.ss in a way that makes the resulting compiled/config.zo have
  the same time -- otherwise setup-plt will want to recompile
  everything that depends on it.

  I can make some interface (using the same unixstyle-install.ss
  script), either for standalone use, or through `make install'.  If
  you want this, then mail me suggestions for some device to achieve
  this.  (Maybe special environment variables for the build?)