[plt-scheme] A game in scheme( again )

From: Jacob Matthews (jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 28 03:27:48 EDT 2006

On Jun 27, 2006, at 6:47 PM, Chongkai Zhu wrote:

> I tried it, but get:
>
> inflate: unexpected end of file
> unexpected end-of-file while unpacking C:\Documents and Settings
> \Chongkai Zhu\Application Data\PLT Scheme\planet\300\350.1\cache
> \kazzmir\allegro.plt\1\0\.\allegro-4.2.0\demo\demo.dat (at 299498
> of 392125)
> open-input-file: cannot open input file: "C:\Documents and Settings
> \Chongkai Zhu\Application Data\PLT Scheme\planet\300\350.1\cache
> \kazzmir\allegro.plt\1\0\examples.ss"

Hi ---

It turns out that there was a nondeterministic error that cropped up
occasionally on the planet server that would occasionally cause this
problem with very large packages like allegro.plt. I've found and
fixed it. (If anyone has gotten this error message with _any_ planet
package recently and especially with large planet packages, the bug I
just fixed was probably the culprit.) There's no need to do anything
to get this fix; it was server-side only, so things ought to just
work for everyone.

I've also fixed the error message so that if this happens again for
whatever reason, DrScheme will report that it got a truncated package
rather than signaling an inflate error. That change has been released
into SVN.

-jacob

Posted on the users mailing list.