[plt-scheme] destdir patch

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Jun 21 15:59:33 EDT 2006

On Jun 21, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm mandriva package maintainer for plt. Here is a patch allowing
> make DESTDIR=~/tmp install, allowing to easily install under a
> different root on the build host.  It only concern Linux
> installation, as I could not test it elsewhere.  Please consider
> merging it, thanks.

You're running against the same problem that Gérard Milmeister (the
Fedora Core packager ran into).  I couldn't figure out a simple way
out yet.

In any case, your patch suffers from two problems:

* The mzscheme+mred binaries are created with the right path in them,
  but the collections are not found in the right path.  This is a
  minor problem since the collections are probably not going to get
  used via these binaries.

* The launcher scripts (everything else in bin) have the wrong
  (DESTDIR-prefixed) path in them (which I'm sure you will see and sed
  away).

Like I said -- I couldn't figure out something that makes sense yet.

Is a `DESTDIR' path common in makefiles?