[plt-scheme] Re: Appalling performance of DrScheme on Windows

From: pedro pinto (pedro.e.pinto at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 17:57:41 EDT 2006

I have noticed the same problem before, so last night I opened 350 on my
well endowed  XP laptop, run a series of CPU intensive test code and left it
alone. Today around 14 hours later I switched to DrScheme and hit Crl+E, to
hide the definitions window. DrScheme then froze (no response to user
commands, no repainting of the screen) for maybe 30 seconds. CPU usage was
close to nil, memory usage was below 150 Mb. After  that  DrScheme resumed
working normally.

I'll try to repeat the experiment later today.

-pp