[plt-scheme] Re: Appalling performance of DrScheme on Windows

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 20 13:57:39 EDT 2006

In contrast:

By sheer coincidence I started drscheme this morning on my OS X
desktop, ran it once, watched soccer, talked to my dean, ate lunch,
brought it to the foreground in response to your message and had an
instantaneous response for opening a tab and typing ().

This is not to say that we don't have a memory performance problem. It
is just extremely difficult to repeat and to fix.

-- Matthias