[plt-scheme] PLanET latest

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 14 17:12:42 EDT 2006

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but if you write:

 (require (planet "reduction-semantics.ss" ("robby" "redex.plt" 2 2)))

you get version 2.2 or any version later that is also compatible with
version 2.2. For now, compatibility is defined entirely by the package
maintainer (but we hope to do better than this as we work on PLaneT)
and is reflected in the version numbering. A major version is
incompatible (so you wouldn't get 3.0 when you write the above) but
minor versions are (so you might get 2.3).

If you need a particular minor version number, you can write

 (require (planet "reduction-semantics.ss" ("robby" "redex.plt" 2 (= 2))))

which ensures that you only get 2.2.

Of course, set against this is the "no magic upgrades" design decision
for planet. That is, once a particular require line has been fixed to a
particular library, you must explicitly do something for it to see new
a new version, even if some other library is using the new version.

Is that what you were asking about?

Robby

PS: it's PLaneT (somehow, coincidentally, the P, the L, and the T all
get capitalized ... we're not sure really sure how that happened.)