[plt-scheme] scheme equivelent(?) to select(2)?

From: Jepri (jepri at alphacomplex.org)
Date: Sat Jun 10 11:08:29 EDT 2006

Luckily most of my programs have only needed one or two sync points.  I
haven't needed anything more than semaphores, but mzscheme supports a
lot of convenient ways to synchronise threads (chapter 7 of the mzscheme
manual).  I think the thread support is one of the cooler features of
(mz)scheme.  If you can resist using destructive functions, adding
threading to programs is easy and fun.

>Fascinating idea. I have used threads in other languages. In mzscheme
>I had not thought of using blocking threads for each of the monitored
>client connections. Do you have any problems synchronizing data across
>the multiple threads?
>
>Mike

Posted on the users mailing list.