[plt-scheme] Tutorial on macros?

From: Felix Klock's PLT scheme proxy (pltscheme at pnkfx.org)
Date: Mon Jun 5 10:17:28 EDT 2006

On Jun 5, 2006, at 9:36 AM, Stephen Bloch wrote:

> Has anybody written a good beginner's tutorial on Scheme macros?
> I'd like to use this in a Survey of Programming Languages course
> next semester.  We already have DrScheme installed on all the lab
> computers, so a tutorial dealing with PLT syntax would be the best.

A set of tutorials (some of which were already mentioned) are
collected on the Scheme Cookbook:

http://schemecookbook.org/Cookbook/GettingStartedMacros

I find the first link there (Joe Marshall's tutorial) particularly
interesting as it introduces pattern matching on dotted pairs before
pattern matching on and templates with ellipses.  (This is
interesting to me because I learned about and used ellipses in macros
long before I grokked dotted pairs.)

-Felix

Posted on the users mailing list.