[plt-scheme] Re: Wierd behaviour of find-executable-path

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 3 09:01:03 EDT 2006

On 03/06/06, Paulo J. Matos <pocmatos at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is wierd in fact. I can't even imagine why only /usr/local/bin is there?
> Any ideas?
>
> Where's the getenv code? Maybe I can look at it! Or maybe the problem
> is in process. I'll be taking a look.

It seems the problem is solved.
I compiled this:
(module show-path-var mzscheme

  (require (lib "class.ss")
           (lib "mred.ss" "mred"))

  (message-box "Path Env Var" (getenv "PATH"))

  )

Running in terminal would show correct path, running through mzrun
would show only /usr/local/bin which is where I have he mzrun
executable installed.

So, I remembered. Hey, Matthew on the last released mentioned
something about the  executable creation process and that it has
changed. So, compiling mzc3m --gui-exe mzrun mzrun.scm might be not
enough now and makes it dependent on the scheme version.

So I recompiled with latest mzc3m version. And mzrun now works fine.
What possibly happened is that the mzrun compiled with previous svn,
3111 or something just went nuts with latest plt-scheme installed.

Does this theory makes sense?

Cheers,

--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm