[plt-scheme] Re: Wierd behaviour of find-executable-path

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 3 08:15:10 EDT 2006

Yes, the problem is wierd but it is my fault...
I missed the following paragraph in the mzscheme manual on find-executable-path.

"If program-sub-path is a pathless name, find-executable-path gets the
value of the PATH environment variable; if this environment variable
is defined, find-executable-path tries each path in PATH as a prefix
for program-sub-path using the search algorithm described above for
path-containing program-sub-paths. If the PATH environment variable is
not defined, program-sub-path is prefixed with the current directory
and used in the search algorithm above. (Under Windows, the current
directory is always implicitly the first item in PATH, so
find-executable-path checks the current directory first under
Windows.)"

While I started the last SVN DrScheme through MzRun which executes its
programs with 'process', I started the others through the shell.
That's the 'why' for the find-executable-path results. It seems that I
just need to start them through MzRun in a way they can access the
PATH env variable.

Cheers,
--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm