[plt-scheme] xxx chooses MzScheme as preferred language

From: Ryan Newton (newton at mit.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 1 15:54:47 EDT 2006

> Let me try the quiz:
>
>> What is the *fastest* Scheme implementation?
>>

> Bigloo?

I would put my money on Chez Scheme in this respect.  (Or in some
cases, Stalin.)  But Chez is commercial, hence its unpopularity.  And
Stalin is incomplete and unsupported.  The playing field of
implementations can be really frustrating, with the N features you
want spread around nearly as many implementations.

>> What is the *most popular* Scheme implementation?
>>

> PLT-Scheme?

I think that answer is pretty certainly true.

-Ryan

Posted on the users mailing list.