[plt-scheme] lisp sans parentheses

From: Srikumar Subramanian (srikumarks at mac.com)
Date: Sat Jul 29 22:06:44 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Off and on we hear complaints about lisp being "parentheses hell".
Though I now believe that with enough familiarity, parenthetical
expressions are very readable and elegant, we could pay more
attention to those (potential stud programmers) who can't be
bothered with lisp purely for syntactic reasons.

So .. I've written a syntax translator that some of you might be
interested in, that converts expressions written in a whitespace
dependent notation to the usual list-based expressions. Its rather
minimal and the whole of scheme/lisp is accessible through
this notation.

If you're interested, check this out -
http://web.mac.com/srikumarks/programming

I've described the notation with examples, as well as linked to
source code for the translator.

hmmm .... it'll be nice to see the translator written in Scheme,
but I just wrote it in C 'cause it was easier for me to brain dump.

Can someone give me pointers on how to integrate it into
DrScheme? Maybe add it as a new "language"?

Cheers,
-Srikumar

Posted on the users mailing list.