[plt-scheme] How exactly does one debug programs with DrScheme?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 27 09:53:39 EDT 2006

At Thu, 27 Jul 2006 06:34:07 -0700, Eric Hanchrow wrote:
> I'm using DrScheme 351, with the module language.  I see a "Debug"
> button, which brings up a "Pause", a "Continue", and a "Step" button.
> But it's not clear what those buttons do, nor is it clear if I can set
> breakpoints.  I couldn't find anything in Help desk by searching for
> the words "debug" or "debugging" {searching for "debug" yields a few
> hits like drscheme:debug:add-prefs-panel, which doesn't seem
> pertinent; searching for "debugging" yields no hits at all}.
>
> Is the debugger documented anywhere?

There's a paragraph in the DrScheme user manual, section 2.1. (The
debugger is simple enough that one paragraph says all there is to say.)

I'm not sure why it didn't show up for you in Help Desk. In my v351
installation, the relevant paragraph is the first link in the search
results for "debug".

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.