[plt-scheme] extending DrScheme

From: Guillaume Marceau (gmarceau at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 21 12:24:18 EDT 2006

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:27:13 -0500
"pedro pinto" <pedro.e.pinto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I wrote a little hack in MzScheme (MrEd, actually) to to help me change
> buffers in Emacs. Basically when I hit Alt+Space a windows pops up with all
> the Emacs buffers and I can type the first letter of the buffer name to
> select the one I want to change to.

M-x iswitchb-mode does this, and does it better

> I would like to use this hack in DrScheme. I gave a quick look to the
> DrScheme extension documentation and found it a bit daunting. It is not
> clear to me if I can do this or if the extension mechanism is aiming at a
> different set of problems.

Yes the extension mecanism will let you do this. I suggests reading
some example code to get you started. Say, like this:

  http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2006-May/013171.html

or any one of these:

 -- 507 gmarceau at hershey latest $ grep -r "unit/sig drscheme:tool-exports" plt/collects/ -l plt/collects/algol60/tool.ss

plt/collects/browser/tool.ss
plt/collects/drscheme/private/time-keystrokes.ss
plt/collects/drscheme/private/tools.ss plt/collects/drscheme/syncheck.ss
plt/collects/eopl/eopl-tool.ss
plt/collects/frtime/frtime-tool.ss
plt/collects/lang/htdp-langs.ss
plt/collects/mztake/debug-tool.ss
plt/collects/profj/tester.scm
plt/collects/profj/tool.ss
plt/collects/profjBoxes/tool.ss
plt/collects/profjWizard/tool.ss
plt/collects/slideshow/tool.ss
plt/collects/stepper/debugger-tool.ss
plt/collects/stepper/stepper-tool.ss
plt/collects/swindle/tool.ss
plt/collects/tests/drscheme/tool.ss
plt/collects/version/tool.ss
plt/collects/web-server/servlet-language.ss
plt/collects/xml/text-box-tool.ss

--
Pataphor:

   1. An extended metaphor that creates its own context.
   2. That which occurs when a lizard's tail has grown so long
      it breaks off and grows a new lizard.