[plt-scheme] directory-list in DrScheme version 350

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 13 12:44:22 EDT 2006

At Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:46:54 -0400, "Ivanka Iordanova" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have developed an interface coded in version 209 of DrScheme (including
> MrEd) and it used to work fine.
>
> Recently I downloaded the version 350 and I have errors when reading files
> from directories ( with "directory-list" ). It seems that the format of the
> output has changed, but I did not find any description of the changes.
> Instead, there seems to be a new function "path->string" that converts the
> paths to a string.
>
> Is it normal that a newer version does not support previous-versions code?

It happens, of course. If we could design the perfect system from the
beginning and the environment we deploy DrScheme in never changed, you
wouldn't see this. .... (ha!)

In this particular case, I expect you'll find that the release notes
for the versions that you skipped were what you wanted to read. Here's
probably the most important one (you can also find it in your
installation of DrScheme):

http://svn.plt-scheme.org/plt/trunk/doc/release-notes/mzscheme/MzScheme_300.txt

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.